A decision to close the school will only be taken in extreme circumstances and where remaining open may pose Health & Safety risks for both pupils and staff.
• Where the weather is seen to be deteriorating rapidly during a school day, Translink will be contacted in an effort to arrange transport home earlier than usual.
• In the event of adverse weather conditions and Translink unable to provide transport, students will be kept in school and parents will be contacted asking them to collect their sons. No student who normally travels by bus will be allowed to leave the premises until collected by a parent / guardian.
• Students who have to remain in school for a long period will have snack food provided.
• During periods of adverse weather, parents who transport their children to school, are asked not to enter the school/cathedral grounds and to comply with the directions of staff in this regard.
• If St. Patrick’s Grammar School is not going to be open due to adverse weather conditions, parents will receive a text message to that effect.
• Information regarding closures or re-opening will also be available on:
1) SPGS Website www.stpatricksarmagh.org (Home Page)
2) SPGS Twitter Feed @stpatsarmagh
3) SPGS Facebook Page St. Patrick’s Grammar School Armagh
• Exam students will, where possible, be provided with extra work in the event of a prolonged closure.
• Public Exams will go ahead.
• In the event of disruption to public transport - IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF PARENTS TO GET EXAM STUDENTS TO SCHOOL ON THE DAY(S) OF PUBLIC EXAMINATION.